Elliptical workout refers to a machine that moves the user in an elliptical way, simulating a cross-country skiing motion, and thus incorporating both arms and legs in alternating motion.
Tips on how to provide the best possible elliptical workout:
– Start with a five-minute warm-up. This can be on any machine but is typically done on one of the many ellipticals at your gym.
– Work out for 25 minutes at a moderate intensity. This means you should feel like you are going hard, but still have enough energy to keep going for a decent amount of time. You should be breaking around 150 bpm and heart rate zones 2 or 3 on the manual.
– Finish the workout with a 5-10 minute cool down. This can be done on most ellipticals but is typically done on one of the treadmills at your gym.
– Do a few sets of high-intensity exercises for 20 minutes, such as sprinting or jumping jacks. Rest for 30 minutes between these sets.
Benefits of performing elliptical workouts:
– Strengthens your heart by increasing the blood flow and oxygen supply to the heart muscles.
– Increases stamina by improving your energy production. This will make you more able to perform extended periods of aerobic workouts such as running or swimming.
– Helps with weight loss by burning fat at a faster rate and increasing your metabolism.
– Improves your posture by strengthening your abdominals, hips, and thighs.
– Reduces stress and insomnia by improving your mood and increasing mental clarity.
– Increases flexibility by encouraging more muscle movement through the use of the joints in each leg. This results in a more natural range of motion during exercises, thus reducing back pain and injuries.
To achieve the best results from an elliptical workout, you should start by exercising for five minutes on a treadmill or bicycle at a slow pace. Then, you should exercise for 25 minutes at a moderate pace to burn maximum calories and fat. Then, cool down by exercising for 5 to 10 minutes. You can finish your workout with 20 minutes of high-intensity exercise such as sprinting or jumping jacks. Rest for 30 minutes between these sets.